Another Supa Group Home Extension in Melbourne
At this Bundoora home, it’s all about lifestyle.
When Supa Group was tasked with this second storey extension in Bundoora, we were keen to deliver the space and liveability this blended family craved.
Bundoora is just 16 km north of Melbourne’s CBD. It’s a thriving hub, filled with young families and professionals. Home to schools, hospitals, and with plenty of access to public transport, Bundoora is a popular choice with families looking for more room to grow.
That was the case for our client. This family loved their home, but the brick veneer dwelling needed an extension that expanded on the existing footprint of this home to deliver the kind of space this growing family needed.
Looking for a home extension to suit your growing family? Supa Group offers second storey extensions that meld seamlessly into your home.
The planning stage
The original floor plan had some great features that our client was keen to retain. Working with their input, we identified some key changes we could make.
We established a design which would let us really open up the home, delivering more room while working in plenty of natural light.
- We removed the laundry to make more space for the dining area, creating greater flow and easy access.
- When designing the second storey, we made sure the staircase could be easily accessed from the entrance and downstairs living area. We also created extra storage solutions below the staircase.
- We created a living zone for the blended family by ensuring the teenage and child bedrooms, plus hang-out area, were upstairs.
These floor plan changes enhanced the flow and liveability of this Bundoora family home. Once we had the design ready, it was time to start the build.
The build and home extension
We demolished the ground floor linen cupboard and the old laundry to make way for a stunning open plan kitchen, dining, and living area. We created a European laundry on the ground floor, so our client had plenty more space for mealtimes.
- An island bench doubles as extra prep surfaces in the kitchen, and also stores a handy space-saving gadget: a retractable ironing board.
- We installed stacker doors on the ground floor, giving this family great connectivity to the existing decked entertaining area.
The design promotes access and usability with handy features throughout the ground floor and second storey extension.
Find out more about five things you should consider when adding a second storey extension to your home.
The second storey extension
Teenage boys need room to grow. That’s why this family wanted to make sure their extension offered enough space for everyone. The second storey extension comprised two bedrooms with a common bathroom.
- A light-filled break out area gives teens a space to hang out.
- Attention to detail means that the extension blends seamlessly with the existing home.
Practical living was incorporated with modern design so this home provided a functional and liveable space for this family – for now, and in the future.
Design features this family loved
We constructed a new staircase featuring vertical battens in Victorian ash. This added not only decorative detail, but warmth to the room, creating a feeling of openness and space.
- External features were not forgotten with cladding and awning windows matched to suit the existing home.
- White plantation shutters balanced out the extension giving this beautiful home from the 1960s a new lease on life.
Working on this home extension in Melbourne was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. We love working with all of our clients to deliver a cost-effective and professional service.
Find out more about the kind of home extension design features you can choose from.
Supa Group Second Storey Builders
We deliver an intelligent and professional building service to every client. We are committed to your happiness and believe in providing a service that offers great value and lasting quality. Contact us to find out more about how you can achieve a home extension in Melbourne, and experience the kind of space and satisfaction this Bundoora family enjoyed.
If you have any other questions, contact us for a free design consultation quote? We have over 40 years of experience in the industry, and we offer a free design consultation for new clients. We get the job get the job done, on budget and on time.