Design style inspiration for your home extension
A home extension allows you to breathe new life into your existing home, giving you more space and room to grow, and extending your home’s liveability. When you have made the decision to invest in a home extension, you then need to decide which style, design, and aesthetic you want.
You also need to work with a builder who can get the job done on budget and on time. Supa Group has extensive local knowledge, having worked with Melbourne homeowners across the city to transform their homes and add extra space through ground floor and second storey home extensions.
Explore Supa Group’s ground floor extension and second storey extension case studies and take a look at what we can do for you in your home. Read on to get valuable inspiration for your home extension design, then get in touch with our friendly team to get started on bringing your home extension design dreams to life.
How to choose a home extension design for your growing family
One of the most common reasons why homeowners opt for a home extension is because their family is growing, and they need more space. A home extension is a logical choice because it means you don’t have to go through the rigmarole of moving house, and you also have an opportunity to add value to your existing property.
There are plenty of options for your home design. Some of the most important factors you should consider when working out what your extension will incorporate include:
- How much space you need now, as well as in the future
- Whether you should choose a ground floor extension or a second storey extension
- Whether you should match your existing home design, or if you can incorporate some new design features to modernise your home
- The type of features such as bedrooms, living spaces, and design elements that you want your home extension to have
We acknowledge that budget will play a big part in what type of home extension design you choose. At Supa Group, we aim to deliver maximum benefit for your investment. We’ll work with you to implement smart design and intelligent features so that you get the best possible outcome.
Popular Australian home extension designs
Australia experiences some of the most extreme weather conditions in the world, with Melbourne home to its hallmark ‘four seasons in one day’. If your home is not currently built to deliver comfort all year round, a home extension is an exceptional opportunity for you to make some much-needed adjustments.
Popular Australian home designs that work for Melbourne conditions include:
- Open plan living with stacker doors to bring the outside in and keep out bad weather in the colder months
- Expanding limited space by incorporating a deck and outdoor area to give more room when entertaining
- Using natural sunlight for winter warming with North facing design features
You are only limited by your imagination when it comes to your home extension, so let us help you sculpt your design dreams with common-sense applications that make the most of your options.
How to get architectural style on a budget
Many of our clients come to us with a budget that’s fairly strict, and they feel like they can’t achieve architectural style on a tighter financial plan. At Supa Group, we love showing our clients exactly what they can achieve with their money — we incorporate cost-effective elements that maximise spend without blowing out your final spend.
You can achieve architectural style on a budget with:
- Clever use of your site and location, with design elements working in harmony with your existing home, and intelligent floor plan design
- Making space for artwork and design features such as colour and carpets to achieve an architecturally-styled look
- Using cladding, and featuring timber and other building materials to contrast with your existing home design
Supa Group is experienced in delivering cost-effective and stunning home extensions with flair and aesthetic appeal. Whether you want to focus on liveability or design, we can deliver a stunning end result.
Benefits of common home extension options
With a home extension, you have an opportunity to build on your existing ground floor dwelling. Extend upwards with a second storey extension, or build outwards with an extended outdoor space.
It’s not an easy choice to work out which is best for you — but here are some of the benefits of each:
Ground floor extension
- Maximise the space of your block
- Add outdoor living space
- Repurpose existing space for new living areas
- Increase room size
- Transform unused yard space into living areas
Second storey extension
- Add a new dimension to your home
- Gain views
- Expand living space significantly
- Keep outdoor areas
- Maximise space on tight blocks (a common situation for our Melbourne clients)
- Increase the value of your home with a greatly expanded home footprint
- Gain more living space and entertaining area at an affordable rate
- Take advantage of environmentally-friendly design for family living
- Add value to your home and increase street appeal
At Supa Group, we offer a free initial design consultation in which we can help you to explore whether it makes sense to expand out or up, and what types of limitations you may come up against.
We are passionate and committed to creating stunning home extensions for every client. Our team implement impeccable building and design standards to extend your home’s liveability.
If you’re still unsure, take a look at some of the testimonials our other clients have left us. If you like what you see, get in touch to start on your dream home extension today.