Your walls are looking a little shabby, or you’re bored of them and want a new look. What are your options? Welcome to the great debate of whether you should wallpaper or paint your walls! So which choice is best? Let’s tackle this question by providing you all with the pros and cons of each option.
Pros Of Adding Wallpaper
- If you buy quality wallpaper, it can last a long time and resist tears and scratches.
- Wallpaper is easy to apply and doesn’t come with a smell.
- Wallpaper comes in a massive variety of designs and textures, to suit any aesthetic.
- Because of the variety of effects, designs and colours available, wallpaper can be a design feature all on its own.
Cons Of Adding Wallpaper
- If you need to remove wallpaper that’s already on your wall, it can be a tough job.
- Wallpaper does not fare well in humid rooms like the kitchen and bathroom.
- Wallpaper can end up being pricey if you want a unique design.
- Applying wallpaper is more time-consuming than painting.
Pros Of Using Paint
- Getting a high-quality paint can ensure that your paint job lasts for decades.
- Paint is usually quite affordable.
- Paint is easily available and can be found at almost every hardware shop.
- There are still many options for colours so you can achieve the exact design you’re looking for.
- You can also easily interchange between colours if you want to re-paint.
Cons Of Using Paint
- Paint can chip when met with bumps and scratches.
- While painting can be quite quick to do, paint can take a while to dry, and comes with a potent smell.
A Healthy Combination
There’s no right or wrong answer when it comes choosing to wallpaper or paint. You’ll need to assess your walls and decide which would suit your budget and timeline best.
You can also forgo the stress altogether by having it done by the same group responsible for your home or renovation. Supa Group are home improvement specialists in Melbourne and we can help you with all your home renovation needs. Contact us today!